Sunday, June 19, 2011

everything...


The smiles from across the room.
Hugs when I came home from work.
Songs he made up while taking a shower.
Falling asleep next to him.
Waking up next to him.
Prayers over each meal and before bed.
Tiptoes in the morning to not wake him.
Knowing he was right even though I pretended like he wasn’t.
Shopping trips at midnights on Fridays.
Saturday morning breakfast.
Rubbing his feet.
20 phone calls a day… just to say hey.
Swinging on the front porch in the middle of the night.
Studying together.
Fighting.
Making up.
Watching him work.
Cooking meals for him.

I miss everything about him. I miss everything about us. Even the simple things hurt the most. If I could encourage you to learn anything that I’ve learned through this it would be to stop worrying about stupid things… don’t waste your time getting mad and being upset at your loved ones. Open your heart to love and cherish your time with them. It’s hard to understand unless you’re unfortunately in the middle of not having what you should have. But just slow down and take in what you have, good and bad.

1 comment: